What is SOPA/PIPA?
Two bills before Congress, known as the Protect IP Act (PIPA) in the Senate and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the House, would censor the Web and impose harmful regulations on American business. Millions of Internet users and entrepreneurs already oppose SOPA and PIPA.
The video below offers a better explanation that I ever could. Watch and learn!
Tell the Government You Hate SOPA and Sign the Petition!
From Google, “Fighting online piracy is important. The most effective way to shut down pirate websites is through targeted legislation that cuts off their funding. There’s no need to make American social networks, blogs and search engines censor the Internet or undermine the existing laws that have enabled the Web to thrive, creating millions of U.S. jobs.”
- 7 WordPress Plugins to Fight SOPA/PIPA
- From Savvy Blogging, a great blog post on SOPA/PIPA
- From Google, More and SOPA and PIPA
- What Would a Post-SOPA Internet Look Like? This is a GREAT read to gain a better understanding of what this really means if the bills get passed.
- The Oatmeal is blacked out in protest of SOPA and has a really clever/funny but real animated message. Check it out!
- From Mashable, a collection of websites/images that are protesting SOPA in a really powerful way!
- Why SOPA is Dangerous.
- Video: Why SOPA is a Bad Idea
If you have any other “Irresistible” online resources, please visit us on Facebook to share them with our readers!